Thursday 21 January 2010

Reflections and New Music

A few really interesting things have happened in the past weeks and though I can generally say that about the last three weeks of almost any point in life, in particular I have had to reexamine a number of key assumptions - which is good.

1) Money buys freedom, which buys happiness.

Not true, as least in this surveyors opinion. Granted a significant injection of funds into my bank account would not hurt the causes in which I am currently in pursuit, but what does money really cost? One cannot live without working, that is the way this goes, but I cannot work without living.

2) Being unsure is a bad or frightening thing.

I have no idea who I am or what is really important to me. The few notions I have of what makes me truly I have no idea how to obtain, or confidence in the fact that they will actually make me happy. It's an obscurity all my own. The only thing I am sure of right now is my own resourcefulness. I'll be OK. The impact of tragedy is always a hyperbole. What an awesome opportunity to learn. I am not rigged, I flex - with purpose.

3) I am my own worst enemy.

Surprisingly, I am the only one that knows what's really best for me. Even if I don't know it myself. Dependability can be a difficult thing to find in this life. My stubbornness to only do exactly what I want is unwavering. And though that may sound like the statement of a self indulgent teenager, I implore you to look deeper. Don't force the balance, it's already playing for position.


And last but not least, Lyra Brown!!! Amazing new local artist I found. Check out these fantastic tracks.

Pretty Baby

Air Balloons

Unknown Title

http://www.myspace.com/lyrabrown





No comments:

Post a Comment