Thursday 16 September 2010

Some Thoughts - In Transition

I don't know how to pull back any further. I'm trying to let go but I feel entranced by my own past. Time is a nightmare moving into the future - keeping no secrets. I hold on, on, on. Past the point of no return, past mere logic and into sleep. Past these dead desires that manifest in purchases I'm too dumb to see. My hands are old. Sinew rigidity. They look like my mothers, they remind me of my father. As everything falls out of place I expect something; and as anyone can tell you, that is my first mistake.


I expected you to call – earlier. I expected to get here – earlier. I expected something – different. Only the mental space between here and there and its passage will alleviate the guilt, the confusion and the lies; I've told myself.


Feeling mostly narrow now. Narrow mind, narrow eyes, narrow steps. I keep shaking my head and taking deep breaths, I keep working through. But except for a temporary understanding between me and the universe I generally remain unavailable. I remain closed and struggle through the dirt to follow up to the surface, the cracks of light I see through the muddle.


I felt more myself at home, in love with the idea of leaving. In love with the fact that I had met my own escape. The psychological worst case scenario come true – I'm trying to run away from myself. Running from these thoughts and the perpetual sense that I am in some way being undersold on life. That there is something in the world and it is saying I. . . CAN'T.


But it is my own shadow. I see that now. My skin, my own boundary and all the fucked up miscreants inside that flow like clockwork. My body factory. Squish, squish – snap. Squish, squish – snap. Snap.


And there it goes.


It's dark outside and you're too afraid. Have to impress somebody. Have to make good on the promise to yourself that you won't deny how much you LOVE . . . EVERYONE.


Bullshit. Love is like blue cheese. And just like love, some people will get that. And some people won't.


But I get it. Loud and clear – coming in like the bloody bells of Notre Dame. BING! Time to move. BING!! Let's go. BING! Faster now. BING! Pushing forward. BING! Ceaseless. BING! Careful. BING! Watchout. BING! BING! BING BING! BING!


Fire's out.


Feeling hollow.


Oozy, doozy brains. Shhhhhh. Shhhh. Quiet now.


I will complete the puzzle. I will manifest joy. I will attempt at living. I will die.


Shhh. Shhh. Shhh.


I will complete the puzzle. I will manifest joy. I will attempt at living. I will die.


Shhh. Shhh. Shhh.


I will complete the puzzle. I will manifest joy. I will attempt at living. I will die.


Shhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment