Sunday 31 October 2010

Transvestites Make Me Philosophical



I exist; which is too say I have a series of experiences, experienced in a linear fashion, which are impossible to understand fully unless you experience them yourself. These include both internal and external experiences of emotion, time, maturity, intelligence and perception. But as my life begins to compound into a life lived I am left wondering if there really is any value in experience beyond the inherent developmental value to the experincer? 


What I am, in a convoluted way, trying to ask is a question about loneliness and a life lived in conjunction, or 'in experience' with another. Despite the fact that human beings are fundamentally unable to fully understand another existence as a personal experience, the question still remains; why do we all seem to innately have a desirous nature for companionship and how does a dualistic existence ( that is to say one that is both simultaneously introverted and extroverted, though necessarily more extroverted) change the experience of experience?


As a person confident in there ability not only to do things alone, but too be content doing so it still amazes me how persistently I call the value aloneness into question, generally through the following train of questioning:


Will anyone ever care that I know these things? That I have these passions? Does anyone else share these passions, ideas and desires? Where does this experience go, after it is finished being experienced? Does it still have value? Does it even have a value outside of me? Is there someone who will come to know me as I know myself?


In summary:


Will my experiences be understood and valued by another individual ?


I know that in many cases my exaggerated sense of self-importance and introverted nature preclude me from having copious and gregarious types of relationships, but I also have a suspicion that this fear, of being valued as an individual for our individuality, is not something I struggle with alone. 


So, I leave a question to the universe. If I wish to be independent, self reliant, self motivated, educated, successful, creative and productive, exclusive of whether I have companionship in which to celebrate and share these experiences, then why do I sense that there is something missing in the experience of experience experienced alone? And what do these feelings of loneliness, anxiety, fear, seclusion, paranoia, and depression mean? Are they an experience? Or a symptom?


Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, its as if you have been sitting in my head for the past couple of months. I can relate to your feelings almost entirely.

    I always said to myself that I want companionship because I like the benefits of it (physicality) and also the utter challenge of learning to be with another person. I know that by being independent of anyone is just...TOO EASY.

    So I challenge myself, mind and body and my experiences follow. That and my mind and body usually have different ideas and actions on any given topic or event happening.

    Darling. I miss you, I want to be that transvestite talking to you... but then again I want to be me talking to you.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete