Friday 25 February 2011

Decention


I will still go.

Despise my body,
and despite my mind
not overcoming
these feet will -

- are venturing forth.

They move now
for the prospect of a better future
and a different past.

For the prospect of pride,
we move.

For perspective,
we move

For all,
and for nothing,
we move

Left foot.

Right foot.

Anything else
just feels like a death,
in the immediate family.

All the disease
and sickness
just serves
to increase my knowledge
of how to heal myself.

Defying the culture of expert
that keeps telling me
to go home.

All fate does,
is repeat your worst fears
through exaggeration 
and symbology.


I have to see this through.

Literally.
Even if it kills me.

I have to see this through.

All the way.
All the way.

Though it kills me,
through nostalgia
and rage.

Through a mountain of debt
and self doubt,
stacking up behind me.

Only after the arm is cut off,
bleeding out,
will we be sure-

ABSOLUTLEY SURE

-that it is sharp.

That is the price.

To live disfigured,
And know the truth.

Quick.

Last chance,
to abandon this as hopeless.

As useless.

Last chance,
to be someone else.
Keep it together,
inside the shell
within the lines.

From this next step we accept,
all imperfections.

We will accept all.

I will never be them.
I will never be them.

There is no growing up,
just growing thin.

I will never grow into them.

It's over.
It's over.

I'm in.


And here's the surprise.

There are stairs in this rabbit hole.

You have to stop trying so hard
Descend one step

and accept who you are
Descend two steps

Its OK to think,
but not too much.

OK to ask why the stops signs in France say
STOP.
And the ones in Quebec,
say ARRETTÉ.

But not about why your here,
and about what you lack.

It's not about being perfect.

In fact,
asking what is it about,
is thinking too hard too.

If there is a light,
it will find you.

Paris still makes me smile.

For all it is,
and all it isn't.

Just like me.
Just like me. 

Descend three.

No comments:

Post a Comment