Wednesday 23 February 2011

An Exercise in Simplicity

Next Train

The cup casts a shadow,
the coffee leaves a ring.

I held back,
putting in the last bit of sugar.

I don't know why.

It made me feel good,
to be in control.

I licked the spoon too,
after stirring it in
and redundantly wiped it on the edge.

I enjoy taking my coffee,
en exterior,
hoping for sun
and feelings of contentness,

while passing the time
till the next train.


Those Girls

The longer I stay quiet,
the harder it is,
to perform.

And I wonder,
what would happen,
if they figured it out?

What would they see?

To be wrong,
to look stupid,
to stand out,
to miss the subtly.

Would be to loose my suspended disbelief,
that I actually belong.

Or could,
if I wanted to.

I don't like to be,
pushed out.

Perhaps they sense,
my disdain,
or unhappiness.

Overeager,
perhaps it is my fault,
I don't belong.

Can't belong.
Won't belong.
Even if I wanted to be,

Those Girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment